2014年9月26日星期五

Here Is a Big Carnage


I didn’t know why Ann didn’t want me to join in her “little gang” although we were good friends. I felt like that someone I loved betrays me. When anger welled up with my heart, I struck her on the nose, and I just escaped.
       Now, at the night, in the sitting room of Ann’s home, the atmosphere is quiet strange. Six people sit at the dinner table having the meals. One side, there are three people, my father Arno, my mother Nancy, and me, the troublemaker; another side was sat the Ann’s father Mike, her mother Paula and Ann.
       Then, the conversation begins. Mrs. Paula thinks that our family should make sincere apology to Ann’s pain, and she continue saying, “Yeah, of course, we should use a civilized way to deal with their fight, but I need your apology…” Mrs. Paula is a famous writer and an advocate of freedom. Her face seems to be gentle, so gentle under the warm light.
       “No.” says my father, the lawyer who cannot live without his phone, try to use a set of his own unique skills to protect me. “Children have their own world, and they can deal with the problem in private. “ Another side, Ann’s father Mike, a private developer with shiny head just nods without any words.
       Things become worse. I never imagine that there is a scissors under that gentle face. Paula suddenly has an outburst, and other three adults are going to have a cow. Their twisty faces make them like monsters to tearing at each other’s flesh. Only Ann and I sit still looking them in silence.
       My parents criticize the food made by Paula and Mike, while Paula and Mike attack that my parents are hypocritical double-sided people.
       Mrs. Paula and my mother Nancy laugh each other at their appearances, and Mr. Mike and my father Arno satirize their careers.
       Mr. Mike complains to Paula about the family pressure; my mother complains to my father about his everlasting business.
       Two men insist they have to live chicly while two women insist that all men are bustards.
       Time seems to be not enough. The world out of the house is especially quiet and refreshing. Ann and I wink at each other, and slink away hand in hand.

       Ah, what a cool air!

没有评论:

发表评论